Labour launched it’s manifesto this week.
Key points from our leader Kezia Dugdale
I’m just back from our manifesto launch in Edinburgh – one I believe is in the best traditions of Labour.
Above anything else, this election is about the choice we have as a country: to use our new powers or to stop the cuts. I choose to use the powers.
Our manifesto makes clear who we are and what we stand for:
- An anti-austerity pledge to increase spending on public services in real terms and stop the cuts
- Real terms protection of the budgets for health, education, policing and culture
- Funding for a breakfast club in every primary school and an after-school sports revolution for every secondary school
- Introducing a 50p top rate of tax for earnings over £150,000 a year to invest in schools
- Investing in skills to attract businesses to Scotland
- Protecting local NHS services
- Scrapping the unfair council tax and replacing it with a fairer system where 80% of households will be better off
- Setting the basic and higher rates of income tax just 1p higher than the rate set by George Osborne so we can stop the cuts to public services
- A ban on fracking
READ THE MANIFESTO ON LINE HERE
Watch the main points here