EDINBURGH NORTHERN & LEITH CLP (‘ENL’)
At ENL we get, keep and process data relating to you. Where you are a member of the Labour Party, most, if not all, of this data will have been given to us by the Party.
We may get data direct from you, or from somebody else (for example the Labour Party or a local directory of information).
We have to hold the minimum amount of data that is reasonable and, actually, for most people we do not hold very much data.
We get, keep and process this data because the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, such as promoting the Labour Party, involving members in Party activities, helping to get Labour Party candidates elected, or the legitimate interests of a third party (such as an organisation affiliated to the Labour Party or sharing our common interests). We do this unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data, which overrides those legitimate interests.
In relation to our getting, keeping and processing data, please note the following:
- We are the Edinburgh Northern & Leith CLP. If you want to contact us about any of this, please contact the Vice-chair Membership at email@example.com.
- We may keep data relating to feedback from you and others involved in our activities.
- Data can include financial information (e.g. from where any donations are paid).
- Data may be shared with executive members of ENL and with people involved in the organisation of Party activities. This is done where reasonably we need to do so. In an emergency, we may need to share data with other parties.
- We do not send data outside of the EU.
- We store your data securely and respect your confidentiality. After your connection with ENL is broken, we are allowed to keep your data only as long as is necessary. Usually we shall take steps to destroy the data when your connection is broken, but it can be held longer where there is a legal requirement to do so.
- You have certain rights in relation to the data.
You can ask to see what data we hold – a ‘data subject access request’. Please send this to the Vice-chair Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can ask us to change or erase data where reasonably the data should be changed/erased.
You can ask us to restrict our use of the data.
You can ask us to send data to other people.
You can ask us to stop using data.
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you specific rights, which can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) should you feel the need to do this.
- ENL does not use any automated decision-making, engage in profiling, or use/pass on your information for marketing/commercial purposes.
If we amend this notice, we shall take the required steps to let you know about the changes.