Lesley Hinds has been supporting huge investment in tenants homes, and 8000 new homes for Edinburgh
Housing Update in the Leith Area
- £6 million investment in the Leith area in 2016/17. (£6 million makes up about 12% of the total investment programme in 2016/17)
- 400 homes will benefit from this investment. Leith Fort will deliver 94 new affordable homes in Leith over the next 3 years.
- investment in the regeneration of Coatfield Lane.
- Investment to Multi Storey – External Fabric in Leith.
- In the last five years an average of £8,000 has been invested per home.
- Over 10,000 homes have benefited from energy efficiency measures, such as new boilers, heating systems, insulation, windows and external doors.
- In addition to this, tenants have benefited from further modernisation investment to common areas including lift car upgrades, stair windows, door entry systems and external fabric improvements.
- Hundreds of new kitchens and bathrooms invested in council homes in Leith.
Read more here
Do you like this post?